Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why so quiet?

Moving to a new place normally should mean plenty of material for blogs. Moving to an Caribbean island normally should mean bucketful of material. Despite the abundance of blog-worthy topics that I've encountered, I have however been very reticent of late, and here is why.

A certain member of my family has been miserable since his (ok so you know who it is now, the sole male member of my immediate family) arrival here. He got here a month before I did, so he had to deal with a lot of stuff by himself - finding a place to live, fixing up his office, dealing with French bureaucrats (not only French, but French Island bureaucrats). By the time I arrived, he was frankly ready to leave.

I didn't want to broadcast to the world (or rather, my blog readership of maybe 3, including self) what the situation was like. Even though things have improved slightly now, I don't want to go into details. Bygones be bygones, right.

Anyway, we've now been here for 5 months, and methinks I'm ready to start posting every once in a while. There are just too much good material, it would be a shame not to share.

To start you off, here is a funeral procession that I witnessed today, truly island style:

Till next post!

2 comments:

libellula said...

that will make me 2 of 3 then.

Anonymous said...

Je te lis dès que tu postes, et je m'inquiétais de ton silence...
J'espère que ça va mieux.