Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fish Again!

The Daily Candy this morning had an entry about a baby rental agency that just kicked off in London - for 89 pounds an hour, aspiring parents-to-be's can rent a baby, with insurance and a full diaper bag. I let out a small WTF - then realized - it's April Fool's Day!

And the reason why it did not take me a long time to figure out the joke above (I mean, it's not that inconceivable after all, a baby-rental enterprise) was that I was up till 11pm last night making fish pancakes for this morning - see below:



As I posted this time last year, it's April Fish Day in France. Manolee got a kick out of running around putting up a fish cut-out on my back, on PeeWee's back and Hanaya's back. She is too young to realize that you are supposed to do this without telling the person you are about to pin it on, and she keeps on saying, hee! look at your back! look behind you! hee! Then she insists that we pin the fish on her - the unequivocal and innocent joy in her voice just makes my day.


Happy April, people!

No comments: