Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fate Brings me to Pom Poms

Funny thing, this thing about fate.

If someone told me even 4 years ago that they would find me at 11pm making cheerleading pom poms, I would have laughed that person out the door. If someone told me back then that I would be a full-time mom, with lists-making as an important hobby, and that I would spend many hours cooking, baking and (gasp!) ironing - I would have tried my damnest to commit that person to a mental institution.

Yet the turn of events have somehow brought me here...making pom poms... for a Carnival dress-up parade at school tomorrow. I'm not even sure how serious these parades are, but Hana has no costume that she likes anymore (princesses are so baby-ish, Daphne from Scooby Doo is too embarrassing, ditto for Batgirl) - so after many nights of deliberation we settled on a cheerleader outfit. Of course we have no such thing around, so we scrambled and found a tennis outfit that may do. But pom poms are a must to complete the outfit, so here they are, made with much maternal love, out of tissue paper:


Manolee, who has decided to dress up as a ballerina (no surprises there) also had to have pom poms, of course, so I made two extra ones.

Yes, funny, the thing about fate. Who would have thought?

No comments: