Friday, January 22, 2010

Hallux Vargus

I only just recently learned these two words but I must say, I do love saying "Hallux Vargus".

I'd never heard the term before, but here everyone seems to know what it is. Such an elaborate larger-than-life term, It's simply what they call the operation to correct bunions.

And I've just had it done!

So I'm housebound for the foreseeable future. My bed is surrounded with bottles of diet coke, snacks, laptop, books, origami papers, etc etc. I thought I would feel claustrophobic, but so far, on my second full day in bed, I feel really happy! Last night, without the everyday duties of having to cook dinner, feed kids and clean up afterwards, I felt like such the model mom patiently doing homework with Hanaya and gracefully assisting Manolee with her numbers workbook - all very calmly, no rush, no panicked thoughts inside my head yelling "gotta wash up the dishes! gotta clean up the kitchen! gotta get these boogers to bed!"

Thank you Hallux Vargus!

Below: a picture from Hanaya...

1 comment:

SUE said...

Hey Rae, didn't see your blog until today... hope everything is well post-operation...So does that mean you can run faster from now on?