Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Where the Bad Weather Reigns

Anyone wondering why on earth we are thinking of up and moving yet again, take a look:

It's the ever unchanging weather forecast for Rennes.

If it's a sport in England for the English to complain good-naturedly about the bad weather, Bretons are downright stoic and even proud of their awful weather. "It's not raining, it's just a little drizzle" they would be saying, in face of rain that I would characterize as "cats and dogs". "It's so that we can better appreciate the sunny days", they would be saying during an extended dreary spell. Many of our friends have bought summer homes in North Brittany - folly of all follies in my opinion.

So here we are, contemplating sunnier warmer climes...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also say that it's shiny once in a day...

Rkmiste said...

Shiny? As in, ca brille une fois par jour? I've never heard that! I guess grey wet pavement could look shiny, if you really wanted it to!

Anonymous said...

sorry, I'd rather say "Sunny"... My english...