Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Quotable Kids

Ever on the lookout for a get-rich-quick scheme, I was dumbfounded when I found a book that all moms like me would want. It's actually not even a book. It's more like a blank notebook. However, the cover says "My Quotable Kid" and every blank page features bubbles for recording cute things that your progeny has sprouted out, with smaller bubbles around the page for recording who, when, where and at what age.


What a great idea for a mom or a mom-to-be? Why didn't I think of that? As it is, I have been recording my girls' funny sayings in a dispersed and somewhat disorganized fashion, and I immediately took to this idea. I had my sister buy it for me while I was in Seattle.

And while I am recording them on this little genius of a book, I thought I may share some of the gems here - so here is one of my favorites:

Where: Restaurant in London
When: May 2007

Dessert arrived for the girls - scoops of ice cream. Manolee positively squeals in delight.

PeeWee: (leaning over) "yummm"
Manolee: (snatches the cup away from his face): "no daddy, I no share with you"
PW: (burying his face in his hands) "boo hoo.." (pretends to cry)
M: (after looking around the table, assessing the situation) "Daddy, daddy, daddy"
PW: (looks up hopefully): "yes?"
M: (all sweet smiles) "Hanaya will share with you"

No comments: