Sunday, February 3, 2008

Manolee hits 3!


Yesterday was Manolee's birthday party. We had invited 9 kids and all but one came. Surprisingly only three moms stayed - I had expected everyone to stay actually - I mean the kids are only 3 and some are barely toilet-trained!

Anyway the kids had a great time. I had bought a carton castle in the US - for the kids to play in and color in. I took our babysitter a full hour to put it together - not sure if I could have done better - but the kids absolutely loved it.

The girls made foam valentine frames and the boys just made a mess. One boy in particular made a fine mess in the bathroom - details withheld out of courtesy.


Everyone loved the cupcakes (I made the 7-minute frosting - it was delish!), the canneles, my MIL's tiramisu, edamames and other assorted goodies.

And the French kids were introduced to the joy of "Pin the tail on the Donkey!" - apparently, this old-time kids' party favorite never made it to France...? Such depravity, I tell you.

All in all, a great fun day. Manolee was spolied with all kinds of gifts - before her birthday, on her birthday, and even today presents just keep on arriving, prompting mild jealousy from her now-very-mature big sister. Thanks everyone for your generous gifts, and for making her feel so special on her 3rd birthday!!

No comments: